KABUKI as a child reading the Japanese Book of HellsMUSE (verb/noun). And the name of my new art book of brush & ink drawings of humans. And cats. More art from it here:…https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/337503446/david-mack-muse-life-drawings-2012-2014
i posted up 30 free things on the Neverwear/SwallowingDiamonds site.
have been gone, SXSW w/Soundgarden, out in NY with Neil and now am back (for a few days) so playing catch up with the swallowing diamonds project. Leave a comment in the blog if you want something, a few things are gone, but still got many left— will be posting more soon.
(goal: clear out the treehouse!)
Words for Pictures: The Art and Business of Writing Comics and Graphic Novels [Paperback] by @brianmbendis
I highly recommend this. It is a gem full of gems.
And not just because I contributed to a chapter. I’ve read the book, and there are so many chapters with so many helpful insights. Do yourself a favor and order this in advance.
if drdavidmrmack has the above to say about this, I shall order mine at once.
Alfred Hitchcock at the Cannes Film Festival, 1963 © Francois Gragnon
everything about this….everything…
You should draw 5 pages of immaculate storytelling. it should be very clear what is going on without word balloons. you should also use those storytelling pages to illustrate to anyone who sees them as you can draw anything.
people, cars, buildings, feet, hands, men and women and animals
that is what any editor on the planet Earth is looking for
if that seems very hard or you don’t think you can do it remember that that is what the job is. that is entirely what the job is.
if you get hired that is what will be asked of you so you must become a master illustrator of all things.
advice from a master…
clear and direct magic!
i can’t stop staring at these…so beautifully done.
a dreamy Marlon, with added beard even.
bravo #Cheyenne Randall
#cheyennerandall #shoppedtattoos #brigittebardot one more today for good measure
my heart just beat a little faster….
thank you for this, from fine artist Cheyenne Randall—
how and where do i find Thor Harris!??
best thing I have read in a very long time.
rings true, and we hew to much of it, except i can’t go with #20 right now.
i have to keep my cable…for work.. yeah.
How to live like a king for very little By THOR HARRIS
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
3. Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Don’t have kids. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
6. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
7. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
8. Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
9. If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
10. Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
11. Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
12. If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
13. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
14. Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
15. Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
16. Preventable expenses - STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
17. Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
18. When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
19. If you had told me 15 years ago that Coca Cola would put tap water in plastic bottles and motherfuckers would BUY IT …… No fuckin way.
20. Don’t get cable. Asshole. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!
This list was edited by Stacey Yates with contributions from Jherek Bishoff, Chad Raines & Amanda Palmer. We live in a wasteful society. Live well. It don’t take much. Really.
via monofonus press
some more “swallowing diamonds” up here, including this 1965 Addams Family trade paperback…
i AM Morticia…
Hey there Sandfans! We’ve just finished off Season of Mists - four volumes down! It’s only taken us fifteen months. We’ve had a great time so far, and we’re very excited to get into A Game of You. Over the next few days, our plan is to take some time off to study AGOY and figure out how…
sincere gratitude to the captains of this tumblr ship— what a voyage.
stay tuned for A GAME OF YOU.